Pages:  1    3  ..  8
Author: Subject: 5 Second Punt Problem
[WNR]Shinto
Grunt

mad.gif posted on 4-7-2003 at 09:54 AM
Can't Stay In Games Longer Than 5 Seconds

This is absolutely ridiculous!

This is the low down men and women.

I can play single player missions fine. I can host games fine. I can do instant battles fine but I can't seem to be able to join multiplayer games and stay in the game longer then five farking seconds.

This is what I do.

I go to Novaworld and find a game to join. Ok done, I am loading the game and everything looks fine. I get into the game it all looks great then five seconds later it quits on me. It goes to the picture of the Black Hawk Down (background?) and then plays the music. After thats done it waits another five seconds and connects to Novaworld again. I've tried joining many different games and it doesn't work. It worked once just once and never again.

I've tried re-installing it doesn't work still. I've updated the game to the latest version for sure.

My system specs are below,

256MB
Graphics Card: S3 Prosavage DDR 32MB
MHZ: 1.2gig

Anything else a helper needs to know just ask.

I would greatly appreciate any help. In return I can offer signature making :D.

Thanks in advance,

-[WNR]Shinto
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Chill
Grunt

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 10:07 AM

Just since no one else has replied yet...

Sounds like it might be a poor Internet connection. Makes sense that you would be able to play offline, and host in those cases. True for hosting because you have a good connection to yourself, but when other people host, you have a poor connection to them.

If your using a dial-up connection, I'd refer you to the "BHD IS GETTIN ME MAD" thread in this forum... I posted a large message about getting decent pings with a modem.

I hope we discovered your problem... this make's it easier to fix :)

RM
[WNR]Shinto
Grunt

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 10:13 AM

I don't remember if I stated this in my post but I have a cable connection, sorry if I didn't. Ping should not be a problem because I usualy get below 100 ping on other games.

And I don't know if I said this yet or not. My fellow clan mates say that it says I am getting punted when they don't do anything. I assume it is the same on other servers.

I will read your reply anyways Chill, I appreciate your aid.

-[WNR]Shinto
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
madhatter
General

Mood: Super good??

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 10:43 AM

Blah...my friend had this problem unistall the game then re install it. I think it only happens once and it goes away for good after that
Doc *R*
Private

Mood: Moody

mad.gif posted on 4-7-2003 at 01:29 PM
Now I'm really pissed!!!

OK..this is BULL!...I go and buy a $40 game, I expect it to work! I can't even join a freaking multiplayer game! I can host and play single player fine but when I join multi i get kicked out after about 5 seconds. I have the patch (yes i got it from the folder not the game), I've reinstalled the game, nothing works! HELP!!!!:mad:

Commando~MC~
General

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 01:39 PM

"unistall the game then re install it"

from what ive heard so far that isnt the truth...
ill see what i can find out about this

SuperFly ~CR~
Grunt

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc *R*
OK..this is BULL!...I go and buy a $40 game, I expect it to work! I can't even join a freaking multiplayer game! I can host and play single player fine but when I join multi i get kicked out after about 5 seconds. I have the patch (yes i got it from the folder not the game), I've reinstalled the game, nothing works! HELP!!!!:mad:

Doc your not the only one...It does the same for me See postings below...Anyway I can play online w/o updating the game try it!I've E-mailed Novalogic and still havnt got a responce which OS you running I'm on ME?
SuperFly ~CR~
Grunt

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Commando~MC~
"unistall the game then re install it"

from what ive heard so far that isnt the truth...
ill see what i can find out about this

Yea it's not true this is what you have to do...Uninstall then reinstall without updating..Its working fine for me! I've tried everything and it still punts me after 5 secs...Anyway just interested with peeps with the same problem Im running Winblows ME what are ya'll running?
Commando~MC~
General

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 03:12 PM

im running NT on this comp and XP on another and both work fine...

Commando~MC~
General

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 03:26 PM
For those of you getting booted from BHD servers in 5 seconds

I've heard quite a bit of commotion about this today so heres how to fix it: uninstall BHD then reinstall it and do not down load it. this will prevent you from haveing these problems, but if you havent tried the update yet try it out and see if it works because it works on some comps just doesnt work on a few

SheWolf ^, ,^
Captain

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 09:28 PM

Really isn't fair when a person should have to do that when they spent $40 to play like everyone else.
SheWolf ^, ,^
Captain

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 09:31 PM

This punting problem is not isolated to "joining" if you try and host and play all the players joining will be punted
SheWolf ^, ,^
Captain

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc *R*

No you can't host, when people try and join they get punted
Frederic
Grunt

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 10:12 PM

Doc , I have the same f**** problem,
I just bought it myself, and payed 50$ , when I wan't to join to connect to novaworld I get the 'cannot display page' screen, makes me pissed as hell.

look a couple of threads below "can't connect to novaworld".

keep me informed if ya found a solution eh.
*JE*hmok
Unregistered

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 11:20 PM

ok i had this problem also. update your game. that is all. your have to have the same version as the host of the game u trying to join. this dont work then i dont know what to tell you sorry. but that worked for me.

Frederic
Grunt

[*] posted on 4-7-2003 at 11:38 PM

I updated the game through the 'update function' in the options
and it still doesn't work

I have cable and live in Belgium.
work on win 2k

why the hell won't it WORK !!!!?
JackBlack
Grunt

Mood: Chilled

[*] posted on 4-8-2003 at 12:17 AM

Well i had a mate with the same problem.. no idea why just gotta hope nova release a better patch... if uve updated and u get punted i suggest u uninstall, reinstall and dont update... this has worked for mi mate but i dont know if he has tried any servers that have the new patch.

Jãçk‡ßlå¢k¿TRÏ?
»Jß«
viper0021
Grunt

[*] posted on 4-8-2003 at 01:57 AM

i run windows 98SE and i have adsl, i keep gettin punted too, why don't all the people here that are gettin punted after the update post ur pc specs here and we can see if we can notice some kind of thing we have in common?
viper0021
Grunt

[*] posted on 4-8-2003 at 02:02 AM

yeah, but if we don't update it we can't can't play on the stat hosted servers which really sucks. Nova need to get there finger out:mad:
SheWolf ^, ,^
Captain

[*] posted on 4-8-2003 at 02:13 AM

I saw somewhere that it's the max ping punt setting in the servers config files.

I have adjusted my file. If you would like to test it, my server name is ^, ,^NoSaw

If you cancel out of the ping I should be up top.

If you do go in please let us know if it worked.
MOMMA
Grunt

[*] posted on 4-8-2003 at 02:39 AM

Yes I'm thinking this has something to do with Max Ping Rate as well. SheWolf, could you post exactly where the setting needs to be done so others can try it as well?
MOMMA
Grunt

[*] posted on 4-8-2003 at 02:41 AM

Right.. this is a workaround but will keep someone in a squad from being able to play with his/her team mates who have updated. There are good fixes in the updates and the actual issue needs to be addressed. However for someone who can not play online any other way, this does work as a work around for now so they can enjoy the multiplayer play on public servers.
MOMMA
Grunt

[*] posted on 4-8-2003 at 02:46 AM

But not always.. thats the problem. I can host and play with no problem. But others do get booted.
A.Bullet
General

[*] posted on 4-8-2003 at 02:58 AM
5 Second Punt Problem

OK.. so I have seen a lot of talk about this 5 second punt problem a lot of people seem to be having..

I was just wondering if anyone could provide details of exactly what happens..

If we could get some details.. we might be able to pin this down.. so in an attempt to do that.. I have some questions for anyone this is happening to.. the more responses we get the more likely we can figure this out.. so please post the answers to any of these that you know..

Does this happen on ALL servers.. ?

I had a couple thoughts.. one is the ping setting.. because BHD has a max ping setting.. and if the server has that set low.. then you will be punted from the server as soon as your ping goes higher than whatever amount the MaxPing is set to. This would cause you to get punted from the server.. so is your ping to the server high?

Also.. it might help to know what kind of connections the people that this is happening to have. So, what kind of connection do you have?

If you want to you could get super fancy you could go to a site that will test your download and upload speed.. and post the results here.. you can do this at the following address ..
http://www.dslreports.com/stest

Also.. does this happen on all servers? Have you tried going to another server? one that you know others can join with no problem? Also.. if you join the same server again.. does the problem go away?

Another thing to test.. is if anyone has had this problem and is on a lan.. they could try and run a LAN server.. and connect to it from another client on the LAN.. and see if it causes the problem ..

This might help pin down whats going wrong. .

Also.. is there any error? does it tell you anything when this happens? and if so what?

Also.. have you looked around in your files in your Game directory.. is there any useful info in sysdump.txt .. sometimes theres some useful text information in there after the game pukes. .

Another thing I I have heard mentioned around is the rumor that there may be a texture (skin) thats incorrect in the update.. and that the incorrect texture may be what is causing the problem, however, this is a rumor that I have heard, supposedly someone at nova tech support told this to someone.. however, I havent seen any verification of this anywhere so far. .

If you have any other thoughts on this issue.. please post them!

-- A.Bullet
-- Owner / Head Programmer
-- DFBarracks.com

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." -- Clarence Darrow
JackBlack
Grunt

Mood: Chilled

[*] posted on 4-8-2003 at 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by A.Bullet
I had a couple thoughts.. one is the ping setting.. because BHD has a max ping setting.. and if the server has that set low.. then you will be punted from the server as soon as your ping goes higher than whatever amount the MaxPing is set to. This would cause you to get punted from the server.. so is your ping to the server high?

Oki when this first started happening to my friend e though this too.. but when u get punted from a games doesnt it tell you.. (i could be wrong but when im punted coz of high ping it told me). He is on a 56k and this could of been the problem.. But when he reinstalled and didnt update he could join games fine even tho he is on a 56k... personally i think this is something in the patch.. my advice to any thats havin probs like this dont update untill nova release a newer patch, which will hopefully solve this problem.

Quote:
Also.. does this happen on all servers? Have you tried going to another server? one that you know others can join with no problem? Also.. if you join the same server again.. does the problem go away?

yes it does.. he tried nova servers, public servers and i even hosted for him.. each time 5 secs after joining he wud get punted

Quote:
Also.. is there any error? does it tell you anything when this happens? and if so what?

No, there is no error after being punted it just puts him straight back to the main page.

Thats all i can help you with.. this aint a problem i have suffered from myself but did spend sumtime trying to help my friend with the problem.. and did sort it out by not updating, however not sure if he can join servers that use the update..

Jãçk‡ßlå¢k¿TRÏ?
»Jß«
 Pages:  1    3  ..  8

Go To Top