DFBarracks - Forums

Delta Force Barracks Forums - Powered by XMB 1.9.11
Delta Force Barracks Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Wac builder, Wac mission editor. Help!
Danstar_mis
Grunt

[*] posted on 9-16-2019 at 07:25 AM
Wac builder, Wac mission editor. Help!

What should I do? I want to create my own script for playing sounds in Delta Force - Black Hawk Down in the Med Editor. When I created the mission and click on the WAC mission editor, and there the notepad pops up, I know that this is not right. I won’t do it blindly and don’t suggest, I saw somewhere that there is a Wac builder, the program does this and it creates a file. Help where to find such a program or a script how to use it, give a link to download.
Baldo_the_Don
Spam Sweeper

Mood: NSODLbeta is GO

[*] posted on 9-17-2019 at 12:42 AM

Notepad really is the default .wac editor, though. If there is a .wac editor program that somehow simplifies the process of scripting .wac files, I don't know about it. Maybe the MEds for newer NL games have .wac scripting assistants, but the DFBHD(TS) MEds do not. I write my .wac files manually and spent years learning how.

I'll advise you at least this far: dialog and radio sounds are best implemented through a .wac.

BUT!

An .lwf file is the best choice for music and background sounds! An .lwf is a lot trickier to make than a .wac, too. Not even the best MEd masters have had better than limited success with adding music to missions, and I would not discourage you from trying it yourself, just know that DFBHD(TS) does not make it easy.

You should start your studies by reading the KYLE.WAC. I misremember exactly who Kyle was, but he wrote up the KYLE.WAC as a scripting cheat sheet. Despite its inaccuracies and lack of real explanations, it's the .wac scripters bible. Pretty much every .wac for every stock mission has the text of the KYLE.WAC as a header included in it.

Other than that, dissecting the stock mission .wac files on your own will help you deepen your understanding of how .wac scripting works.

I don't know any shortcuts for mastering .wac files, bud.

I can give you this tip, though: any text or consol line with more than 63 characters between the double quotes will trigger a sysdump and crash the game to desktop.

Go To Top