Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ideas
johnno56
Private

Mood: Logical

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 10:37 AM
Ideas

I use Linux and run only DFLW and DFTFD.

I know this may sound like a lame question, but where do you guys get your ideas for planning missions?

The MED has a whole bunch of Win/Loose conditions (of which I have no complaints) but I find myself almost repeating the same kind of SP maps (I only play SP... sorry)

I would appreciate some suggestions; tutorials; Docs on how to generate ideas.

Thank you

May your journey be free of incident.

Live long and prosper.
Baldo_the_Don
Spam Sweeper

Mood: NSODLbeta is GO

[*] posted on 1-27-2019 at 06:29 AM

Speaking as a DFBHD SP fan: the scope of NeverLogic games is kind of limited as far as SP is concerned. Without an .ain file creator (for DFBHD), getting AIs to navigate maps is a mess that's hardly worth it.

I'm an amazing map editor. I've BMS2MISsed so many maps that I thought were almost great. I will slog through the tedious decoration realignment and waypoint naming on a map I like. I will make the helicopters work if they're screwed up. I will whip up a custom .bin file if I have to. My .wac files are awesome. I have plumbed the limits of the AI control and event setup in DFBHD and have all confidence in my prowess to get the game to do anything it can, within its limits.

But come up with a compelling mission? A story with a beginning, a middle, and an end? Man, I envy the guys that can do that.

My best advice is to just keep messing around with stuff in the MEd and hope for inspiration.

Go To Top