Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Teleport and MultiPlayer
Crazy Horse WFA
Private

[*] posted on 12-27-2018 at 02:41 PM
Teleport and MultiPlayer

The teleport event script seems to work fine for Blue team in Single Player, but I consistently have problems with it when trying to add some flavor to MultiPlayer maps.
It seems RED team does not see or recognize the teleported object. I had a door blocked with a Cwalk (the metal chain link walkway) and the only way to remove it was to score the flag, then you have access to room 2. When Blue team scores the flag, the Cwalk teleports away as it should and the passage is clear, but the Red player STILL SEES IT and can not pass through the door, even though Blue team can.

I don't have a work-around yet, aside from maybe using an object that explodes instead of teleports.

I was going to run away and join the circus but then I realized that would be redundant.
RedNR
Super Administrator

Mood: LoSt......

[*] posted on 1-1-2019 at 02:40 AM

I never really tinkered with the DFX Map editor all that much. But I know in BHD Teleporting objects never did work for other players in multiplayer unless it was people and vehicles.

My work around for this issue in BHD was to Vaporize the object. I'm assuming this is also available with the DFX editor.

I wish you good luck with your map.

RedneckRetart.
DFBarracks Map Rater.
Team Sabre Items List
Crazy Horse WFA
Private

[*] posted on 1-7-2019 at 03:29 PM

Yes, Vaporize is also available.
The Teleport object works fine in Single Player, because only Blue team is there. It just doesn't make sense that Blue team sees the Teleported object has gone, but the Red team still sees it.

I was going to run away and join the circus but then I realized that would be redundant.

Go To Top