Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dialog editor/Creator
TrSniper
Captain

[*] posted on 11-23-2017 at 05:26 PM
Dialog editor/Creator

As the title says. I can't find the dialog creator for bhd. Am I looking in the wrong place or do we not have it in our database anymore?
Baldo_the_Don
Spam Sweeper

Mood: NSODLbeta is GO

[*] posted on 11-24-2017 at 06:39 AM

Text and audio messages in DFBHD are generally done through .wac scripts, that being the least complicated method to do these things.

Alternatively, .bms triggered text messages require .bin editing and an unlocked MED. Audio dialog needs mission specific .lwf creation (which has convoluted syntax) and an unlocked MED. These are really complicated tricks compared to .wac commands.

I did find this:

TerraNova Dialog Editor. Does that help?

TrSniper
Captain

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 12:10 AM

Hey Baldo, thanks for finding it for me. That is exactly what I need. Only problem is that I can't open it because of a file missing?

I know the use of a wac file, but I downloaded and played a mission from novahq where the creator used the dialog editor to play his own music in the mission. With the wac he used the ingame voice and sound effects. Seemed very cool so I wanted to try it out also. But it seems that this is not going to work because I can't open the file:(

Also, maybe you know the answer? I use windows 10, and this problem I'm going to say, I also had on every version of windows after XP. When you save or extract, any file from your med in to your bhd folder (bms, mis etc), and after that you go to your bhd folder, you can't see the files? I can't find them no matter what I tried. Only the med see's it. So if I would finish a map and wanted to zip it to post it, it would be impossible. Do you know a way to fix this?
Baldo_the_Don
Spam Sweeper

Mood: NSODLbeta is GO

[*] posted on 11-26-2017 at 05:59 AM

Windows 8/10 has this safety feature where certain executables/apps are not allowed to change or add files to folders in the "Program Files (x86)" directory unless you've given them admin permissions. It seems all .exes DFBHD uses are like this.

That means you should run all NovaLogic installers by right-clicking them and selecting "Run as admin." After installing, open the game folder, right-click on the dfbhd.exe, choose the "Compatability" tab, and at the bottom, activate the "Run as Admin" checkbox. Repeat this procedure for the dfbhdlc.exe and the dfbhdmed.exe, and any other DFBHD executables, like unlocked MEDs, mod .exes, and so forth.

To recover the files you can't find, open Explorer, choose the "View" tab, then activate the "Show Hidden Elements"* checkbox. Now navigate to this file path:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Novalogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down

That's where Windows shunts all the DFBHD files it won't allow in the "C\Program Files (x86)" directory. Drag and drop those files into the game directory and you should be good to go.

*Please note: my system is in german, so I may have misnamed a tab or folder here and there, but I bet if you think flexibly, you'll find what I mean.

Go To Top