Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Stock weather system
TrSniper
Captain

[*] posted on 2-5-2015 at 01:52 AM
Stock weather system

Hi all,

I hope everyone is still alive because it's like a ghosttown here since novalogic isn't making any new games etc. I have installed BHD again, missed it very much and I love it.:blush:

I have been working on a map lately but there is one issue which makes me mad. In the Terranova editor, I can only choose the weather types that are included in the EXP, but not the standard from bhd like: DAY1, DAY2 etc. Instead of that it says: daytime1 daytime2, and we all know you get a blue sky when you select one of them. I saw David Snow once using a standard BHD sky in a EXP mission, suicide mission 2 i think, don't remember.

Is there a way or patch to get that working?

It has been a long time so I forgot a lot of things. Someone know the answer? Please reply or U2U.

Regards
LoneWolf61
Grunt

Mood: Playing BHD/TS

[*] posted on 2-5-2015 at 07:59 AM

You may ask Baldo_the_ Don maybe he can help you out TRSniper or Blaze just click on the link below and leave a post there ok.

Baldo_the_Don
Spam Sweeper

Mood: NSODLbeta is GO

[*] posted on 2-5-2015 at 10:46 AM

The simplest plan would be to use the unlocked MED to edit the General Information stuff, especially the Environment File. Save and export the map and reopen it with the consumer MED if you find that easier to work with (I know I do). Just keep in mind that if you open the General Information dialog with the consumer MED, it'll garble your .env file name again (unless you choose a sky with a name in ALL CAPS, those work fine).

A consumer MED work around: open the .mis file with notepad.exe. Search for the line "sunset". Which ever .env you chose will be noted here. Change it to the .env you actually want from the list below:

DAWN1
DAWN2
DAWN3
DAWN4
DAWN5
DAY1
DAY2
DAY3
DAY4
DAY5
DAY6
DUSK1
DUSK2
DUSK3
DUSK4
NIGHT1
NIGHT2
NIGHT3
NIGHT4
NIGHT5

Save the edited .mis file in notepad.exe, then reopen it with the MED. DO NOT OPEN THE GENERAL INFORMATION DIALOG! If you do that, it'll screw up your sky again. Save and export the map immediately. The exported .bms will then have the correct sky.

Alternatively, I can offer you an edited MEDITEMS.bin. Drop it in your game folder and add the /d tag to the target line in the icon you open the consumer MED with and it'll preempt the MEDITEMS.bin in the med.pff.

This trouble all stems from a slight incompatability between the MED and the MEDITEMS.bin. The MEDITEMS.bin contains a few text strings that replace the text strings of other things, like the names of certain items from the items.def, the names of available .aip files (they set parameters for vehicle behavior), and the names of a few of the available .env files. Ideally, the MED would only use MEDITEMS.bin to display the names in the dialogs, but for some reason, the consumer MED saves the altered name of the .env file from the MEDITEMS.bin, not actual .env file name. Not having a valid .env file to refer to, the game goes with that ugly, cloudless default sky and its horrible, flat, glaring weirdness.

The default .env makes the interiors of all the buildings look so awful. I hate it.

I also vaguely remember posting a reply like this in a forum somewhere that I could actually upload that MEDITEMS.bin as an attachiment to the reply. I can't find that post, though. It is, however, 02:20 hours right now, and I may be hallucinating all this.

Edit: I figured it out. This thread at the DFReload about the Comanche 4 MED. Iceman11a actually attached the MEDITEMS.bin.

This is what happens when I reply in threads at this hour.

The NSO Deadline Mod at GameFront.com

The NSO Deadline Mod at NovaHQ.net

The NSO Deadline Mod at TIOcoop.net (Requires registration!)

The NSO Deadline Mod at Nova-Outpost.net

Baldo's Mod Pack - Click here, find out more!

Right-click this link and choose "Save Target" to download the 13.9MB Baldos_Mod_Pack.zip from C.PPN02!

Also available from DFReload: Click here!
TrSniper
Captain

[*] posted on 2-6-2015 at 05:56 AM

Hi Baldo!

Thank you for your reply and also Lonewolf61, thank you. It is a lot of information and I think I know how to figure it out a little bit.

Also I agree with you that the default .env makes the interiors of buildings look awful. The thing is that the environments from the Terranova EXP (with all respect for the deliverd work) is even worse. They all give me a sad mood if you know what I mean.

There is one problem I encountered today though, when I was working on the map and wanted to let the black hawk rope, I noticed there is no play part animation. Should I really Reopen the mission in the med205c, write the event there and reopen it in the terramed again? or is there another solution.

By the way, I am very glad to see that there are still people online!

Regards

TrSniper
Baldo_the_Don
Spam Sweeper

Mood: NSODLbeta is GO

[*] posted on 2-6-2015 at 11:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TrSniper  
There is one problem I encountered today though, when I was working on the map and wanted to let the black hawk rope, I noticed there is no play part animation. Should I really Reopen the mission in the med205c, write the event there and reopen it in the terramed again? or is there another solution.

That's how I'd do it.

The NSO Deadline Mod at GameFront.com

The NSO Deadline Mod at NovaHQ.net

The NSO Deadline Mod at TIOcoop.net (Requires registration!)

The NSO Deadline Mod at Nova-Outpost.net

Baldo's Mod Pack - Click here, find out more!

Right-click this link and choose "Save Target" to download the 13.9MB Baldos_Mod_Pack.zip from C.PPN02!

Also available from DFReload: Click here!

Go To Top