Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Snipers Tree
Tiger-X
Private

[*] posted on 11-20-2007 at 10:09 AM
Snipers Tree

I have a map 75 percent complete.The treeline needs a tall tree complete with camo platform for snipers.How can I find such a item and insert it into the med file.

Tiger-X
Killjoy Assassin
Private

Mood: i dont know...

[*] posted on 11-20-2007 at 10:57 AM

There is no official item for a "treehouse."
What I do is I put two trees on top of eachother, and make a ladder on going to the top. I then use those 5m wood planks (Decorations > Towards the bottom of the list) to make a platform. I make it somewhat in the branches so the sniper is a bit camoflauged. Theres an idea for you...

Tiger-X
Private

[*] posted on 11-24-2007 at 06:34 AM

I have got that one down to 2 tall tropical trees,13 wooden planks, and a 4 meter ladder.The three extra planks was added to quit falling off in prone position.
Making for regular bhd has me limited to stock bhd items.With the 1200 item limit for online requires some creative thinking.
Thanks for the idea anyway.If you think of something else using less resources pass it on to me.I will try it out.If I would stop overwritng the map with a blank map by accident.Things would go alot faster.
Fireant
Hero Mod

Mood: No Compromise

[*] posted on 11-25-2007 at 04:36 AM

click 'save and export'...lol

then ya wont lose it.

You could stick 1 of those lil shacks in the tree with a plank platform....but that would be too obvious. The trick with a good sniper map is to let the sniper run and find his own cover....not make something with a big sign that says "HI!!! I'm stupid enuff to climb up in this thing"

DFB Admin Staff

If your too lazy to read and use the tools in the box thats provided,
dont ask whats been asked before. READ AND LEARN!

Assassin Xaero
DFB Map Rater

[*] posted on 11-25-2007 at 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireant
not make something with a big sign that says "HI!!! I'm stupid enuff to climb up in this thing"

Actually, a lot of people who are sniping think "Oh, nobody would be stupid enough to go up there" And they never look there. On some map, I was up in a tall tower in the center of the map (one of the most obvious spots), and I got 10-15 kills before anyone saw me...

‡ BHD ‡ BHD:TS ‡ JO:TR ‡

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Fireant
Hero Mod

Mood: No Compromise

[*] posted on 11-25-2007 at 04:46 AM

Ax....you know i run way out in the boonies and look for ppl like you in them...lol

DFB Admin Staff

If your too lazy to read and use the tools in the box thats provided,
dont ask whats been asked before. READ AND LEARN!

perigrine falcon
Map Rater

[*] posted on 11-25-2007 at 06:21 AM

I have a few tree houses Ive made

DL this map its TS but besides the trees the pieces are BHD every tree house in the map is different but most are around 20 items if you don't care about making them look realistic with bracing roofs etc then a lot fewer items is possible also there is a treehouse that is 4 items not counting trees and bracing its north middle of the map in whats supposed to be a dried up pond http://www.dfbarracks.com/mapdb/index.php?action=dm&mid=1432...

also made a few giant trees with large tree houses in them. 50M tall two story trees bottom story is high enough to kill players if they fall, top story is about 1/2 way up the tree.

contact me via MSN or YIM if you want to see the giant trees to see if they are something you would want to use. You have my permission to use the tree houses in the camp despair map youll just have to find a suitable tree in BHD to use with them or I can make some for you if you give me an idea what your looking for

tropical trees are TS items

lack of ignorance is the first sign of stupidity

Go To Top