Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: miracle?
oKo^^^
Private

Mood: LOL

wink.gif posted on 8-8-2007 at 01:07 AM
miracle?

I have uploading my new map (Lucky Dutch) succesfully on TFD today, 7 Augustus 07, but the number of the day is 23 Juli 07! Interesting! Miracle! ... WHY? :o
Assassin Xaero
DFB Map Rater

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 02:09 AM

Umm... ok? I don't get it...

‡ BHD ‡ BHD:TS ‡ JO:TR ‡

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
oKo^^^
Private

wink.gif posted on 8-8-2007 at 07:10 PM

hm it is not ok...the map is new and must be see to do notice. :(
Eagle_Eye
Senior Admin

Mood: Grey,not Stupid

[*] posted on 8-8-2007 at 08:40 PM

You know what !!!

I'm just about had enough in the ingrates who don't appreciate a FREE site like this..

I've busted my ASS for years trying to keep this site afloat, wracked my brain trying to fix things without much support from AB..now, it's not really his fault, he come across hard times, and needs to be with his family now..

I give a huge amount of time and resources to the community, risking my own family life for what ?? A kick in the butt cos someones bloody map has the wrong date code..geez..

It took me weeks to finally get access to my old subdomain so I could delete stuff to make room for new maps...

I personally host the major downloads for DFB..on my own file server, at my own cost..soas to save DFB's own resources and bandwidth..

I've half a mind to remove everything from my old DFB subdomain, and move all my downloads to a different location..

It took me on a whole new learning curve when the forum was hacked a little while back....not once, but 3 times before I had a fix..

You think I'm pissed..bloody oath I am..maybe I'll join my mate Rat Sass who is pulling the plug as well..he's shutting down his squad/site and his mapping..

Anyone edits this post, and they can say goodbye to their account..

EE

Assassin Xaero
DFB Map Rater

[*] posted on 8-9-2007 at 12:15 AM

I'm sort of with EE on this (I haven't really done much at all to help DFB though). It is just a map, what's the big deal? Looks is still on the first page even. I've seen a map be submitted and it was on the second or third page back and he didn't go around complaining about it.

‡ BHD ‡ BHD:TS ‡ JO:TR ‡

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
cmurphe
Captain

Mood: Ask Me

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 12:56 AM

I agree with EE too. All the hard work that he and other admins have helped to get such a great site like this with FREE everything. And we are not responsible for a map not being a hit with everyone. Take Xaero for an example, he makes great maps that are spread across numerous servers, and where did he start? right here at DFB. If you want your map to be a hit then make it great and fun and everything else. I too have worked on helping people on this site,(definately not as much as EE or Xaero) and the last thing Any body wants is somebody compaining about a map not being a hit, so please be respectful of everyone.

CC

When all else fails, stupidity rules.
Papason
Private

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 04:09 AM

The Interesting! Miracle! is that apparently when maps have been deleted and new maps uploaded the new ones sometimes get placed in one of those spots which kind of like back dates it. The same thing happend to me some time back. it's just the way it is, sorry!

I have been coming to this site for a long time, not real active, but i read the posts almost evey day here, as well as DFR and TXP. EE you have helped me understand what makes this stuff tick some times like person to person, but mostly by just reading the posts. Alex ! you have also helped me numerous times and you are not even aware of it. (just have to read the posts) I can't speak for every one but i for one appreciate the time you guys and others put into these sites. I am sure there are others that do feel the same way.

I would propose a toast to ya guys but i'm not allowed to have alcohol, unless you want to use coffee as a substitute. CHEERS!
Eagle_Eye
Senior Admin

Mood: Grey,not Stupid

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 07:26 AM

Mickey, it's not people like you I get peeved with mate, you know how it is, and I suppose, every now and then, I get on the edge, and blow my cool..

I've been playing other games for a few weeks, cos every now and then, you just need a rest from Nova games..I've been popping in to the sites, just haven't been very active while I have a slow down period..when I see this, even though it's not a major complaint, it hit the spot and I wrote the post above..I suppose it may be an over reaction, but hey..sometimes that's all it takes..

Hope your daughter is doing OK Mate..

Regards
Craig

Papason
Private

[*] posted on 8-11-2007 at 01:48 AM

No probs here mate, i understand where you're coming from, a change of senery does wonders every now and then.

my daughter sends her thanks for thinking of her. she is doing fine. got some screws in one ankle and knees are messed up a bit, but at least shes here "thats what counts".

Regards
Mickey
oKo^^^
Private

[*] posted on 8-11-2007 at 01:52 AM
ok

Hey guys, EE and another, thanks for the reactions... I speak not good English - sorry if I have insulted you. That was not my intention. I wanted you to see the problem...

Go To Top