Printable Version  
Author: Subject: DF:2 PC/TC
Blackcrow911
Grunt

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 4-19-2007 at 03:59 AM
DF:2 PC/TC

Hello all.

I was wondering how I would go about changing a model or two in DF:2 I want to add an FN FAL (Fusil Automatique Leger or SLR; Self-Loading Rifle), also would you be able to add a new flag to the current ones? Samething with the player models and skins.

What I want to do is make my own Rhodesian Bush war mod. Or if there is one out for any of the DF games could you point me in that direction?

Thank you in advance.
Q-dad~TAG
Colonel

Mood: Missing Doc

[*] posted on 5-1-2007 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
I was wondering how I would go about changing a model or two in DF:2 I want to add an FN FAL (Fusil Automatique Leger or SLR; Self-Loading Rifle)

There are no tools available for importing new 3d models into a 3di file, or editing existing 3di files. I'm working on such a tool (X3di), but I don't know when it will be finished, or how much of its functionality will be made available for the public yet.

You'd probably also need to add a new weapon functionality to the game, and that can't be done without hacking the .exe file... i.e. not recommended...

Quote:
also would you be able to add a new flag to the current ones?

You mean the large waving flags or the small ones used in CTF maps...? For the former it is no problem, just replace the skin with the 3DiView tool by FwO Raven. For the latter, do the same thing, but you can't make them work in any other way than simply becoming decorations, unless you also hack the .exe file, which is not recommended.

For both types of flags, you're advised to enter new items into the items.def file, i.e. NOT simply changing the existing ones, and in order to do that, you'll need the right tool for the job, since it's encrypted. Do a search in here or elsewhere for it.

All the players would need to have your mod installed in order to see any new items, though.

Quote:
Same thing with the player models and skins.

I wouldn't go there if I were you. Messing with those files could give the players using your mod an advantage over the other players which don't have your mod installed.

Quote:
What I want to do is make my own Rhodesian Bush war mod. Or if there is one out for any of the DF games could you point me in that direction?

Not many mods out for DF2, and none of that cathegory.

TXP (Terrain Xpansion Pack) for DF2: txp.df2.org

bullet magnet
Captain

Mood: Modding

[*] posted on 6-2-2007 at 06:12 AM

Here is the DEF decrypter
http://novahq.net/?show=utilities&cmd=get_file&id=334

Its somewhere around here too i just couldnt find it.

As Q said, not many mods, but you could always try my AK-47 Mod :)

Go To Top