Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ok i have the tools..
Redneck-RD-
Grunt

[*] posted on 10-27-2006 at 07:53 AM
ok i have the tools..

I have Bryce 6, photo shop and psp10, and the other freebie you mentioned(cant think of it at the moment).

I have seen tuts on making terrain for bhd, lw, and every thing else but what about JO and JO;E?

Just need to see a tuturial to get me started then i can go from there as far as other questions

Thanks

LoA
Corporal

Mood: go to hell

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 04:47 AM

only diffrence between jo terrain making and bhd terrain making is you need to use the cpt converter that came with the jo mod tools, which is on this site somwhere, and the color images are 24 bit images not 32 bit images like in bhd. other then that you will need to read the terrain tuts with the bhd mod tools and forums to learn, cant tell you how to do it step for step but can answer questions along the way.

try this site too

mod depot terrains

BuLL*
Private

Mood: Slowly losing m

[*] posted on 11-4-2006 at 08:40 AM

Thought I`d just add to LoA`s comments...As LoA mentioned,you will require the unofficial JO-Mod tools.They include the DPTH2CDEP utility,which compresses the cpt generated by the bhd TRNGEN (contained within the bhd mod tools).The cpt can then be used for JO....The minimum files required for a new terrain are:-

1) compressed cpt
2) c_tga......ie,colour map..saved as 1024 x 1024,24 bit tga.(nearest neighbour)
3) d1_tga......ie,detail map..saved as 512 x 512, 24 bit tga .(nearest neighbour)
4) f.pcx........ie,foliage map..saved as 256 x 256,indexed colour pcx.(nearest neighbour).
5) trn file......

You can extract a trn file from the jo resource pff.Then rename it to your terrain.Then just ammend the files in the trn listed above with the names of your own files.
Suggestion:-Choose a current jo terrain.Extract it`s TRN file from the jo resource pff.Open it with word pad and study the contents.Then extract all the image files mentioned in it and study those too.That should give u some idea of what is required and where & why it`s used......Cheers;)

?O
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-4-2006 at 09:53 AM

Well i realy play JO cos i dont seem what the diffrence to BHD but i know there is ways to make terrains

Look through JO at file front and look for terrain i seen some there but there big try it www.filefront.com

LoA
Corporal

Mood: go to hell

[*] posted on 11-7-2006 at 04:38 AM

lol we been making jo terrains well since it came out for the most part.......?

Go To Top