Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HELP on Tnexp-editor
Linopor
Grunt

[*] posted on 3-2-2006 at 09:34 AM
HELP on Tnexp-editor

I have been working with tnexp-editor for several months trying to finish my first map mission...Everything was ok until I decide to reinstall DFBHD, TS and TerraNovaexp in a new hard drive...I saved my work and I made a clean new installation of the games...
Now I have a problem... The TnEditor doesnt recognize some SSN's ...and when I start the editor and Open the .mis file I get the message:
"Warning: Unable to load mission bin file."
Please...Can someone help me??
Thanks..
Eagle_Eye
Senior Admin

Mood: Grey,not Stupid

[*] posted on 3-4-2006 at 01:46 PM

OK..lets look at a few things..sounds to me like your med doesn't have the resources assigned and your using the wrong med..cos if you have the TN patch installed, the med you need does not give the bin file error..

There are 2 meds from this Mod..

dfbhdmed_camo.exe

dfbhdmed_camo.exe is from the original install, and is the camo med. It was based on the 2.05b med, and is unlocked..When you load a map with this med, it comes up with the bin file error..just ignore it, it's only because you don't have a custom bin file for the map you loaded..

This Med can NOT be used for the TS update of EXP..it will not handle the extra items..

tnmed.exe

tnexp.exe is from the TS update, it was based on the 2.06b med, and is NOT unlocked..it has been modified to recognise the extra items..you see, there is a set number of items that the game can see, so Terranova had to modify the med, and game exe's so they would be able to see all the new items without crashing..

This med does not suffer from the bin file error, but was based on a different med than the camo med..

So, if you have EXP without the TN update, then use the first med..(dfbhdmed_camo.exe)

If you have the TN update, you must use the second med...(tnexp.exe)

The setup of the shortcuts - assigning the resources..

OK, if you want to use a med with a mod, then you must tell the med where the mod is, so it can find the files.

You do this by editing the target line of the icon.

The dfbhdmed_camo.exe

The EXP install should have created the icon for you, but, if you need a new one cos you deleted the old one, or something else happened..then do this..

Create a shortcut for the dfbhdmed_camo.exe med on your desktop, then, right click on it, look at the target line, right at the end you add {space}/mod terranova. My game is installed on the D drive..

"D:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\dfbhdmed_camo.exe" /mod terranova

The TNmed.exe

The TN patch should have created the icon for you, but, if you need a new one cos you deleted the old one, or something else happened..then do this..

Create a shortcut for the tnexp.exe med on your desktop, then, right click on it, look at the target line, right at the end you add {space}/mod terra_02. My game is installed on the D drive..

"D:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Black Hawk Down\tnmed.exe" /mod terra_02

EE

Linopor
Grunt

[*] posted on 3-5-2006 at 09:54 PM
HELP on Tnexp-editor

First of all, my very thanks to EE and also to this site...You guys are 10 points...Thanks

Following your instructions I arrived to the conclusion "I didn't have the TN patch..."

So, I try to found it at :
http://www.terranova-exp.com/9exp_bhdts.shtml... but for some reason the link doesn't work.

Luckily I found it at :

http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/index.php?action=df&fid=....

Happy end...Finally, after install the TN patch I got it to work...Ta...ta...ta...Tchammm.

Maybe I have to bother you in the future... until then...

Thank you very much.

Linopor
:D
Eagle_Eye
Senior Admin

[*] posted on 3-5-2006 at 10:19 PM

Yes..we have the EXP mod, and the patch here in our BHD Mod section..afterall, A.Bullet and I are in the credits..!!

Glad to help..

EE

kahuna
General

Mood: u cant fix stup

[*] posted on 3-6-2006 at 09:17 AM

what i always did in EXP is i just added the shourt cut to my 205c and got good results
Eagle_Eye
Senior Admin

[*] posted on 3-6-2006 at 01:55 PM

That's OK for the EXP with NO TS, after that, 2.05c won't handle the extra items either..

EE

kahuna
General

Mood: u cant fix stup

[*] posted on 3-10-2006 at 11:47 PM

i did it before i got TS so probly why

Go To Top