Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  10
Author: Subject: Gay people
madhatter
General

Mood: Super good??

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 03:24 PM
Gay people

To start off, this ISN'T an ANTI OR PRO gay thread, this is simply my views on a subject i could care less about.

they have the contreversy over getting married or not, to me, i could care less! it doesn't matter to me, my life won't be effected and neither will any straight persons life. Would i complain if they said, no you can't get married. no, i wouldn't.

I Don't care about your little contreversy, why is it that this stuff makes the news? does anyone really care? Personally if gay people want to feel the same torment of marraige that us straight guys have for the past couple thousand years LET THEM.

George bush isn't a homophobe, hes trying to save them from the pain :P

Get the gay outta the news, it annoys me, just like i annoy you with these frivolous posts? anyone agree?

Closed in protest to DFB :P
Zorro
Private

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 03:59 PM

Quote:
anyone agree?

Not me. I view homosexuality as immorality and therefore an inacceptable acceptable lifestyle. I don't want to see children being raised by gay parents. I don't want to see Mothers Day and Fathers Day being banned from celebration in some of our schools because of a few kids who have gay parents that get their feelings hurt (wow; going in circles now - trying to fix a problem our government created). I'm totally against gay marriage, it's an attack on everything this nation ever stood for.

Ok enough ranting on my part I best be getting to bed lol.

P.S. Oh, and for the love of peace, whether you're speaking good of him or bad, leave George Bush out of this thread - I mean, enough is enough.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
A.Bullet
General

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 04:52 PM

George BUSH is INVOLVED in this thread since he wants to be repeat prohibition by making a new constitutional amendment to ban something..

Anyhow -- I agree with Madhatter.. who cares.. if they want to marry .. let them.. who are you to judge..

I mean.. will any married people divorce cause a gay person gets married.. NO.. of course not..

So dont use your moral philosophy for an excuse to be a biggot..

Biggotry is biggotry and oppression is oppression regardless WHO is being oppressed and for what reason..

So you dont like gays.. so what.. so dont hang out with them.. I mean unless you frequent gay sex clubs or something.. will you ever even know they are gay?

Most gays I have met.. and ZI have met a few.. no one knew they were gay at all.. cause they were so worried about the biggotry they would face they are afrid to let anyone know..

And you know what.. no one hated them.. no one said.. hey look at that horrible monster.. no one even KNEW.. but all of a sudden they say they are gay... and people like you.. who when you didnt know.. thought they were nice people .. all of a sudden think they are horrible.. if thats not biggotry .. I dont know what it is.. maybe just pure hate..

BTW.. its widely known that most homophobes are homophobes cause they have some deep seated fear that deep down inside they themselves may have some gay tendencies..

So.. maybe you fear they will 'recruit' you LMAO..

Anyhow.. freedom is freedom.. if someone is gay and it makes them happy.. well why should you have the right to stop thier happiness if they arent hurting anyone..

BTW.. so a single mom is OK>. but two guys or two women arent.. just cause what.. the gayness may rub off.. LMAO do you honestly think gay people CHOOSE to be gay?

Have you ever met one? talked to one.. most gay people are persecuted thier whole lives cause they are gay.. you think they choose to be hated by people like you..

Man.. stop hate mongering.. and mind your own business.. and you wont even know they are there..

sheesh.. why cant people just mind thier own business .. and live and let live..

-- A.Bullet
-- Owner / Head Programmer
-- DFBarracks.com

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." -- Clarence Darrow
madhatter
General

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 01:14 AM

About one thing you said Bullet, does anyone else think gay is actually genetic(i'm not saying it's a disease or disorder).

Naturally we are supposed to like the other sex, honestly homosexuality strays from EVERYTHING any living organasm lives for, and that is to great more of it self via sex, or whatever that organism does. Not saying i think gay is wrong, because i honestly think pretty open minded, know a few gay men and women, honestly they are just as bad people as all the straight people i know.

Anyway, they have proven cross-dressing tendency's to actually be linked to a part of your brain. Guys have a small part of their brain(dont remember name) and on girls its considerably larger. On tranvestites or whatever ya call them they have the same sized part of the brain they are immitating. This isn't an always, but it happens a good bit.
I know how the human mind works and we are not as free willed as most people would like to believe, we have the power of choice, and the power of choice is ALWAYS be messed with by something in our brain.

madhatter
General

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zorro
Quote:
anyone agree?

Not me. I view homosexuality as immorality and therefore an inacceptable acceptable lifestyle. I don't want to see children being raised by gay parents. I don't want to see Mothers Day and Fathers Day being banned from celebration in some of our schools because of a few kids who have gay parents that get their feelings hurt (wow; going in circles now - trying to fix a problem our government created). I'm totally against gay marriage, it's an attack on everything this nation ever stood for.

Ok enough ranting on my part I best be getting to bed lol.

P.S. Oh, and for the love of peace, whether you're speaking good of him or bad, leave George Bush out of this thread - I mean, enough is enough.

Personally I like bush for his ideas on gay marraige. I don't particarly agree with them, but he sticks to them because thats what he believes. Believe it or not this nation actually doesn't stand for stopping gay marraiges. This nation was started by people who were VERY racist, VERY sexist, and VERY VERY powerfull. Changing this happens, alot of times for the better, sometimes for the worse.

But whatever you say, this nation has always been about one thing, and thats killing, alot of people at one time. Not stopping gay people from getting married because it would hurt fathers day. Don't kids with parents who died get hurt on those days too? If a gay couple has kids, they are bringing all those ackword moments on themselves and there kids. Because kids don't know about gay or straight, they just know mommy and daddy.

Anthrax_7
Corporal

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 01:32 AM

I mostly agree with Madhatter. However, I tend to lean toward the supportive side. I support gay marriage simply because gays are just as human as the rest of us, and they deserve the same rights.

If you let people of different races attend the same schools, restaurants, get married etc., why not people of different sexuality? Isn't it the same thing?

When I find out that someone I have known for a long time is gay, it doesn't change my feelings for him/her whatsoever. I'm not going to start avoiding that person or acting differently just because I learned that he's gay.

I do think that homosexuality is genetic, simply because someone would not choose to be gay in today's world.
Zorro
Private

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 02:10 AM

Calling me a biggot simply because I view something as immoral? Sheesh. Just because I take the simple view of right and wrong doesn't mean I'm a biggot. Whenever someone relates to morals or "God" you get all defensive like that. :o

Quote:
Anyhow.. freedom is freedom.. if someone is gay and it makes them happy.. well why should you have the right to stop thier happiness if they arent hurting anyone...

A gay can be a gay all he wants, but when he expects "equal rights" then I say no. Where's your sense of morality? Do you see anything as immoral? Is the word even in your vocabulary? A gay couple does not equal a family - marriage is the union between a man and a woman. God forbids homosexuality! Leave it at that. It's a matter of morals more then anything else.

Moral, moral, moral - immoral, immoral, immoral... starting to get my view now? It's either right or it's wrong. Godly or unGodly. Good or evil. I view homosexuality as wrong, simple as that.

Quote:
Man.. stop hate mongering.. and mind your own business.. and you wont even know they are there..

I see you're coming to conclusions way to fast. Why, you're even viewing my post as an attack on yourself... makes me wonder... Do I hate gays? No; I don't see anywhere in my post saying I hate them. The only thing I hate is what they do. Quit taking things as personal attacks - the only way that post could of been aimed at you was if you were gay yourself...
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
J-A-K-E
Banned

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 03:30 AM

Nope being gay is gay lol. It is not right, and it is wrong in the eyes of God, here is something to think about.

God does not hate Gays/Lesbians, he loves them just like any one else. But he hates the fact of how they are hurting them selfs, thus we should not hate them either, but we still do not agree with them, and we should be trying to help them.

I don't want to die without any scars. How much can you really know about yourself if you've never been in a fight? I want you to hit me as hard as you can.
chrislew200
Field Marshall

Mood: ~RSU~ Is Home

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 04:02 AM

i removed what i said because i was sober and thought after why am i get involved in another one of these posts.

however it was related to this sentence

"But he hates the fact of how they are hurting them selfs"

No Longer Present
Zorro
Private

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 04:20 AM

chrislew200, there are verses in the Bible that specifically address homosexuality and how God forbids it. I will not post them here because i'm not sure if A.Bullet will allow it or not, but they are there. PM me if you want to know the passages.

Well I'm out of this thread before it turns ugly, so don't expect another reply from me. :cool:
J-A-K-E
Banned

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 04:56 AM

Well A.Bullet is in the worng there, but whatever it is his site. But yeah I am with you Zorro, I am out of this one too lol.

I don't want to die without any scars. How much can you really know about yourself if you've never been in a fight? I want you to hit me as hard as you can.
A.Bullet
General

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 05:09 AM

The definition of immoral is shown below.. since it seems like people have a poor understanding of what immoral really means..

Immoral - conflicting with generally or traditionally held moral principles.

Fine so you view it as immoral - great - I have no problem with that.. seems based on your definiton of what is moral that someones gayness is definitly immoral behavior to you.

But please explain - how are these people hurting YOU?

And WHY shouldnt they get equal rights .. I mean.. why not? because YOUR religon teaches its wrong - or because it somehow offends YOU?

Things I beleive are immoral are acts that hurt others.. like thievery, rape, murder, assault, adultery, biggotry among others.. these actions all hurt the victim in some REAL tangible way.. they arent a construct of a politically motivated catholic church but instead are obvious real tangible things which are easily seen to have a victim.

Who is the victim of someone being 'gay'?

Where is the tangible and real pain?

The only pain.. is for people such as yourself who cannot stand the thought of someone else doing something they themselves would not.

The first time Homosexuality was 'banned' by the church in the context homosexuality is known today was May 14, 390, when an imperial decree was posted at the Roman hall of Minerva, which criminalized the sexual practice of those whom we now would call "homosexual" men -- this had never happened before in the history of law. The prescribed penalty was death by burning - some kindness and understanding and desire to help them there huh - dont sound like it to me - sounds like a judgement imposed by men upon men under the guise of religon.

The law was created by an emperor who was basically ordered to do it as part of a penance set by St. Ambrose, the bishop of Milan, and the law was issued in the context of a persecution of heresies.

The main reason for it howerver based on historical fact, was that Homosexual men at the imperial court had been powerful opponents of Catholic doctrine during the fourth-century conflicts over the nature of Jesus Christ, known as the Arian controversies.

The law was basically created to destroy this opposing politcal faction - not in fact because it was 'gods' will but because it was the Bishops desire to remove a powerful rival political group - and guess what - it worked.. and has been continued to this day.

Before this time.. homosexuality was considered to be only when a man had intercourse with what was considered 'another man' however viewed in the context of thier time.. a man was defined by his desire to have sex with or procreate with a woman.. so a castrated man or a man that was unwilling or unable to have sex with a woman was not considered 'male' so therefore it was deemed socially acceptable for men to take these 'non males' as lovers and it was not considered to be man laying with man.. in fact these men were considered to be 'female' by the laws of the time.

Anyhow - For all your professing your religous beleifes and how its so immoral in the eyes of god.. you are breaking YOUR OWN religons doctrine when you presume to know the mind of god and at the same time prooving your lack of knowledge or desire to forget the basis for christian philosophy regarding homosexuality.

BTW.. there are gay 'animals' in virtually every species.. so some food for thought.. since most religous people will not admit animals have anything but instinctive actions and no self determination.. must that not proove that someone's 'gayness' is not a choice but something based on instinct, and if it is indeed an instinct or predisposition to be gay.. then why would you denying thier ability be the person they were born to be not be wrong. I mean wouldnt it seem if they are predisposed to be gay.. then perhaps it is part of gods plan that perhaps you dont understand - or are you somehow omniscient and know all and see alll and somehow can presume to know the mind of god and preech it to others?

Sorry.. but you guys are filled with hate by the church.. you beleive its 'immoral' not cause it actually is something wrong .. but because the church says it is.. and you follow thier dogma without even considering it.. thats why I dont like religon.. because im not willing to give over my sense of right and wrong.. to anyone.. including the church..

I use my eyes to see whats right and wrong in this world.. and personally.. gay people dont bother me.. I have met many closet gays and some 'flamers' and either way.. thier life is just that.. THIER LIFE..

And so long as they arent performing gay rapes.. or hurting anyone else.. I see no reason to deny them anything.. to do so .. for no other reason than because you have a conflicting viewpoint is biggotry .. plain and simple.. whether you want to hide behind a religon shield or not.. its still wrong...

anyhow.. to me.. immorality as defined above is not nescessarily wrong, in fact I am sure if you call me immoral for conflicting with widely help beleifs then I will in fact be in the company of some of the greatest minds in human history - and to me.. well thats a compliment not a derogatory thing. To me right and wrong is easily defined in very simple terms.. if you hurt others.. its wrong - if your actions arent hurting anyone else then there is nothing wrong with them.

Now.. since I cannot comprehend how what some gay man or woman does in thier bedroom hurts anyone.. I dont view it as wrong - I refuse to say its wrong because someone else tells me it is - but rather I objectively look at the facts and I cant see any great gay uprising to ruin the world like the church seems to.

I dont see why when someone gets LEGALLY married in the eyes of the STATE it should matter to any religious person - I dont ever think the government should interfere with any church - so therefore if churches dont want to perform gay marriages in the eyes of GOD thats fine - However denying these people the same rights as you or I have simply because they arent 'normal' like you or I are is causing them great financial pain and suffering - often after living with thier 'partners' for years and years .. they are denied the simplest things like helping make burial arrangements for thier 'significant other'

To me.. this is barbaric and unnescessary - it is castigating a section of society to appease your view of what the world should be like -not based on any real damage occuring to anyone - but to make you feel better about your being right and righteous.

Anyhow you dont like people being gay.. well.. sorry thats the cost of freedom..
sometimes people will live a life that you yourself dont particualr agree with.. well OH NO.. lets force the world to conform to YOUR ideals then right.. ? Wrong!.. thats not the way freedom works.. its not YOUR freedom its EVERYBODYS freedom..

-- A.Bullet
-- DFBarracks.com

"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free." -- Clarence Darrow
J-A-K-E
Banned

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 05:49 AM

I think homework needs to be done before posting to this reply and the reason why i,m saying is because my sister is a lesbian and for a very good reason to in whitch i will not add but think about this madhatter if you don,t care the less about gays or lesbians why in the hell put up such a post and zorro god forbids it ,and jake its not right and its wrong the only person i can agree on this subject is by bullet:
Anyhow.. freedom is freedom.. if someone is gay and it makes them happy.. well why should you have the right to stop thier happiness if they arent hurting anyone well put bullet if i dont mind saying but what you have to look at is this why is a women or man a gay or lesbian there is a first class reason out there i know it and i,m keeping it to myself if you discover the answer then keep it to your self plz dont post it here am sure you,ll understand if you find out what it is and that,s all from me before i dig myself a big big hole"

"and jake its not right and its wrong"

What am I wrong about? You can't just say I am wrong, tell me what I am wrong about.

"freedom is freedom.. if someone is gay and it makes them happy.. well why should you have the right to stop thier happiness if they arent hurting anyone"

I don't want to sound legalistic or any thing, but yes, there is some turth to that. I know that not every one believes in the Bilbe, but I do, your just going to have to deal with that I am sorry. But in Genesis, it talks about a MAN and a WOMAN. You know what really makes me sick is when a gay "cupple" want to have a child. Oh my gosh, don't you understand how you are just killing that child's feature? Did you know that the government is trying to encourage boys to play with dolls and girl things, cuz they feel that boys will develop a better personality, and will be less violent. Now I am not anti gay, but I don't agree with it, and the fact of aslong as no one is being hurt is well... that is crap. and *********, your not the only one with a gay family member.

A.Bullet "Things I beleive are immoral are acts that hurt others.. like thievery, rape, murder, assault, adultery, biggotry among others.. these actions all hurt the victim in some REAL tangible way.. they arent a construct of a politically motivated catholic church but instead are obvious real tangible things which are easily seen to have a victim."

Good points there.

Being gay sometimes can lead to things like RAPE. You look on the news and you see that stuff over and over, little kids mostly.

" freedom is freedom.. if someone is gay and it makes them happy.. well why should you have the right to stop thier happiness"

Well if some guy was messing with my G/F then I find him, and beat the crap out of him. I don't need a right. Now I know you said aslong as no one gets hurt, but like I said, sometimes being that way leads to sick things.

Now if I am coming off harsh here, well sorry, but there is no other way I can put out my opinion. My brother in-law's brother, he is gay, and he is a really cool guy. But it is sad and scary that he may find a guy someday just like him. And mostlikely he will hurt someone, himself, the guy he is with, or by adopting a child, and messing up their life. The reason for this, is SIN. And you are not born Gay, it is a choice, that is one of Satin's lies, that you are born with it.

That is all I have to say.

chrislew200
Field Marshall

Mood: ~RSU~ Is Home

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 05:54 AM

"Being gay sometimes can lead to things like RAPE. You look on the news and you see that stuff over and over, little kids mostly."

being female can aswell

No Longer Present
madhatter
General

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 06:18 AM

Lets not forget that on a us justice department statistic that more then 60% of all spousal abuse is directed from women to men. And that 3 of the US soldiers who raped those iraqis were women.(hates steroetypes)

Anyway, i could care less if your sisters lesbain or straight, i post this because all this news about how a gay man is now a priest and how people are marching, blah, dont care.

I hate straight people just as much as gays, personally i think to much revolves around what this so called god thinks in some peoples opinions. If your beliefs about something revolve around a book filled with lies written thousands of years ago in order to manipulate people into believing something you need to reflect.

And that idea that gay leads to raping people is the dumbest thing in the world, all sexes/genders/orientations rape, a rapist is evil, one of the worst possible crimes that could be commited.

BTW i know there are homosexual animals, my friend has a homosexual interracial cat and dog..wth?

Personally i know my dog can think on his own, those who say most animals can't are fools. A dog in germany has a vocabulary of like 200 words and is learning. A female gorilla was taught Sign language which i know, then she had babys and taught the babies Sign language. We are not the only thing with a brain, just the dumbest one with the most powerfull brain.

A.Bullet
General

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 06:28 AM

The thing is.. being gay.. and being a pedophile are too seperate things..

Most gay people.. arent out molesting kids.. and the ones who are.. certainly dont have the market cornered in abhorrent sexual behavior - so your argument is at best a flawed argument.

There is plenty of straight rapists (men who rape women) and many straight child rapists (men who rape little girls) ..

Yet we arent saying men and women cannot be married because there are some bad straight people - why should that argument apply to gays - when in fact the numbers support the fact that most gays just want to live a life just like any straight couple does.

They actually LOVE each other in a non-physiocal way as well - I think this point is lost on most people who seem to think they only care about sex.

Is a heterosexual relationshiop just sex? No in fact it also includes emotional love and caring compassion for your partner..

That being said.. why would you suspect a gay relationship is any different - these people have emotions and heartache and honest love for thier partners -and its because of that I think they should get the same rights as straight people.

I mean.. whats wrong with letting these people get married in the eyes of the state.. so they can have the same tax benefits and same rights of family that a straight couple has. I mean after all .. if they are with each other and are willing to commit to each other in marriage shouldnt they be able to make financial and emotional decisions the same as anyone else - what harm would that do? how would it erode marriage? I mean I know I am certainly not gonna get divorced cause some gay couple got married.. neither would I think any less of the union between my wife and myself because of it. In fact .. if people werent fighting it so much.. I wouldnt ever even have known.. OR CARED..

Anyhow.. I dont think you can lump in pedophiles with gay people .. cause I dont feel thats a fair assessment - most gays are not pedophiles.. and in fact most pedophies are not gay.

In fact.. can you point to ANY instacne you have EVER heard of .. of a gay man raping another man on the street? I have heard of thousands of man on woman rapes.. but by contrast man on man rape is pretty much unheard of .. well at least by me.. I admit.. I am sure it has happened but in general when someone hears the word rape.. they think of a man raping a woman.. not a man on a man.

Its SEXUALITY and its repression that is much more likley to be the cause of abbhorent sexual behavior - its not a strictly gay thing that makes people sexual predators - in fact it is often people who grow up in highly religous very sexually stifled environments that turn into sexual predators ..

The houses where sex is not even allowed to be discussed and sexuality is treated as a evil of humanity instead of a natural part of life - are often the places where serial rapists and murderers are cultivated - at least thats what all the criminal pschologists and criminologists say.. and they deal with the worst of society every day.

I still have yet to hear how gays being married would hurt anyone - I guess thats my main point - Im sure you wont give up your views on marriage if gays were allowed to marry any more than I would - so hows it 'destroying marriage' or 'eroding mariage' or 'cheapening marriage' as the opponenets of gay marriage are always saying.

Show me the suffering gay marriage will cause as opposed to the persecution and emotional pain it will stop for gays if it is allowed. I dont think there is any tangible damage to be caused by gay marriage, however I do think theres plenty of emotional and financial pain being caused by denying these people the same rights that we ourselves have.

-- A.Bullet
-- DFBarracks.com

Zorro
Private

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 07:57 AM

One last post then I'm outta this thread for good. I wasn't going to post again, was just going to watch you all mindlessly argue...

Where the heck did you get that definition of "immoral" A.Bullet?

immoral

\Im*mor"al\, a. [Pref. im- not + moral: cf. F. immoral.] Not moral; inconsistent with rectitude, purity, or good morals; contrary to conscience or the divine law; wicked; unjust; dishonest; vicious; licentious; as, an immoral man; an immoral deed.

Syn: Wicked; sinful; criminal; vicious; unjust; dishonest; depraved; impure; unchaste; profligate; dissolute; abandoned; licentious; lewd; obscene.

Your definition is way off man. :o
A.Bullet
General

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 09:37 AM

Uhmm that definition is right out of Merriam Websters Collegiate Dictionary.. so.. well.. sorry but.. it would be them thats way off I guess.. if it were way off.. but.. its basically the same thing if you read them both.

Yours may be a bit more in depth..

Anyhow.. regardless.. that was hardly anything to do with the point.. but it seems you have no rebuttal for any of the substantial points I made but your raw hatred.. so.. well I guess you had to resort to trying to flame my definition..

I guess thats a good way to tell whoose right - just look for the person avoiding the facts and swaying the argument off course..

-- A.Bullet
-- DFBarracks.com

Steptoe
Lord Field Marshal BLUNT !

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 09:52 AM

1/We are anamils, eat, sleep,hunt and procrate like all the others.
2/Ever been to a farm? seen rams, bulls humping each other, ever kept hens or breed birds, the same....
3/The issue of marrage....marrage is for the joint procreation of our species, and the security of the upbringing of the species, and as in many other species the marrage is for life.
Marrage is for that.
Homosexual couples should also be reonised in common law, for finaciaul moral reasons....So there should be a 'civil union', not just for homosexual relationships but also for relationships of long period where the partners choose not to have the mattied option.
4/"The thing is.. being gay.. and being a pedophile are too seperate things.. "
dang right, and anyone who presumes otherwise is ignorant, illinformed, and totally lags any concept of worldly reality.

Mirage
Captain

Mood: Anti-Capitalist

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 12:18 PM

I think it's astonishing that in modern society, and amongst (I am assuming) reasonably educated people, blatantly homophobic views are still held. Not only this, but discussed openly in a public forum such as this, as if it's socially acceptable to be opposed to homosexuality.

I think it's funny how people seem to pick teachings out of the bible that they like, and ignore others. The bible says a lot of ridiculous things.

According to the bible, the Earth is flat, and is the centre of the universe...

Ever eaten pork?

God on pork... Leviticus, chapter 11, v. 8
"You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you."

If you believe everything the bible tells you, we are all gonna burn in hell... see ya there guys!
Steptoe
Lord Field Marshal BLUNT !

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 05:40 PM

lol
""You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you."

oh and that part about fish without scales, and only 6 legged insects, through the part in about bleeding the meat, and the cleft foot.

U havnt done much background on that subject....they are not redicculious, not when u realise that they didnt have a fridges back then, the natural diet of the time. They all have a good scientific basis, and on some that basis still exists today.

That was a very poor example.:o

J-A-K-E
Banned

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirage
I think it's astonishing that in modern society, and amongst (I am assuming) reasonably educated people, blatantly homophobic views are still held. Not only this, but discussed openly in a public forum such as this, as if it's socially acceptable to be opposed to homosexuality.

I think it's funny how people seem to pick teachings out of the bible that they like, and ignore others. The bible says a lot of ridiculous things.

According to the bible, the Earth is flat, and is the centre of the universe...

Ever eaten pork?

God on pork... Leviticus, chapter 11, v. 8
"You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you."

If you believe everything the bible tells you, we are all gonna burn in hell... see ya there guys!

NOMAD=|@|=
Grunt

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 11:30 PM
im

im not gay and dont believe in it, but i dont think they shouldnt get married, it should have nothing to do with politics or law its nobodies business but their own, anyone who uses that issue or religion for political policies shouldn't be a leader
Mirage
Captain

Mood: Anti-Capitalist

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 11:41 PM

Ok, it was a very poor example, but the point I'm making is that the bible has some stupid teachings that just aren't relevant today (if ever).
jrannik2002
Private

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 01:07 AM

k,

here we go.

The root of the arguement, as folks are very excellently pointing out, is the Lord.

The issue really has nothing to do with gay or not gay. In Romans 1, God gives us a very frightening glimpse into the roots of homosexual behaviour. They are some of the most terrifying verses in the Word. The scripture says that 'He gave them over to their desires' - meaning- He allowed them to pursue UNNATURAL relations, and according to proverbs- sin can never be satisfied. The ultimate final destination of depravity is death. Sadly, many are blinded to this, or actively chose to rebel against Him.

For those whose throw up the very weary defense of 'the Bible is irrelevant', or those who take one verse out of context to prove a point, you are demonstrating what side you are on. Humility, and brokeness is REQUIRED to know Him. It is not a humble man who shakes his fist in the face of his Maker. It is a fool. The Enemy, Satan, attacked Jesus in the Desert with the same arguement- taking one verse and twisting it out of context. It didn't work for him, and it sure as beans will not work for you. Denying Him, denying His Word, claiming that sin is not sin does not change the fact that HE EXISTS, HIS WORD IS TRUTH, and WE ARE ALL IN DESPERATE NEED OF HIS PRESENCE AND TOUCH IN OUR LIVES. What is does do is alienate and isolate you from the ONE THING that you need more than anything. His Love. You all know John 3:16.

BTW- did it ever occur to any of you that the reason we love delta force , the military, the concept of fighting , is that HE is a WARRIOR. One of HIs names is the LORD SABOATH, or God-of-the-Angel-Armies. It is a part of His nature. He created you in His image. That is the main reason we men want to fight so much. Don't believe me? In his Word, He fought the Amelekites, the Philistines, and many other pagan nations to the state of vassalhood to Isreal. Joshua sees the pre-incarnate Christ standing in a road, with His sword draw, as Commander-in-Chief of the Hosts of Heaven. When He comes back after the Tribulation, He will be riding a white horse, His robes dipped in blood, coming to 'really mix it up' down here.

"Kiss the Son, lest He be angry."
 Pages:  1    3  ..  10

Go To Top