Delta Force Barracks Forums

TerraNova EXP!

A.Bullet - 11-3-2003 at 12:32 AM

OK people.. this is the place to discuss the long awaited and eagerly anticipated EXP MOD for BHD from the TerraNova Crew.

Long acknowledged as the kings of DF Modding - the new BHD mod from TerraNova looks like it will definitly live up to thier reputation as creators of excellent mods. Of course in the interests of full disclosure.. I must admit to some bias on my part.. I am part of the TerraNova Crew - and I have been working hard on this mod..

Chud - 11-3-2003 at 07:55 AM

sounds cool m8,

whens its going to be released?

A.Bullet - 11-3-2003 at 07:59 AM

So far its 'too be announced' .. in otherwords - we dont have a set date LOL. .

Chud - 11-4-2003 at 01:34 AM

lol k

cant wait for it

tools

bigsmellyfart - 11-20-2003 at 07:01 AM

is there a tool to veiw terrain types and
terrain tiles?

AWESOME!

Delta_GhostFox - 11-30-2003 at 01:25 PM

Sounds pretty cool A.Bullet. I'm waiting to get into this modding! with all these tools!!!

Environment Tool

hoosier4974 - 12-16-2003 at 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigsmellyfart
is there a tool to veiw terrain types and
terrain tiles?

Bigsmelly, yes there is a utility for viewing those items. You can download it from the DFBHD download page on this website.

Eagle_Eye - 1-10-2004 at 01:57 AM

Did you all see this Post from Bullet, he IS Terranova....well, with a bit of help...

http://www.dfbarracks.com/news/index.php?action=full_story&a...

Regards

Scorpion1Df - 1-18-2004 at 07:00 AM

I need help, everytime i do the EXP_installer it installs the PFF file then it says Cannot Specify File C:\Program Files\Novalogic\Black Hawk Down\dfmed_camo.exe
is being used by another process.

and then the installer crashs.

can someone help me with this.
btw i didn't even open the dfmed_camo.exe so i don't no how it could be use in process.

Jonny Rubber - 1-19-2004 at 04:15 AM

I got something similar 1st time. Just delete it, then put the zip file in your bhd folder, unzip all, the install worked for me.............Oh and now I'm spoilt for choice with the mod, like being a kid in a sweetshop.......:D:D

I just pray we don't start getting a load of one hour maps, just coz they are done with the mod:D

Aoshi - 1-19-2004 at 05:54 AM

Who made the MOD? Silly question lol.

Eagle_Eye - 1-20-2004 at 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpion1Df
I need help, everytime i do the EXP_installer it installs the PFF file then it says Cannot Specify File C:\Program Files\Novalogic\Black Hawk Down\dfmed_camo.exe
is being used by another process.

and then the installer crashs.

can someone help me with this.
btw i didn't even open the dfmed_camo.exe so i don't no how it could be use in process.

Rule number 1. Don't run it from the BHD folder

Rule number 2. Don't use the native support for Winzip that comes with WinXP...use Winzip.

Rule number 3. I'm always right.

Rule number 4. When in doubt...refer rule 3.

Regards

LMAO

Jonny Rubber - 1-20-2004 at 05:04 AM

Rule 5: Never believe an Aussie he's just trying to nick your beer!:D

Eagle_Eye - 1-20-2004 at 09:55 PM

Hey...I resemble that remark...still LMAO.

Jonny Rubber - 1-21-2004 at 05:57 AM

See the the truth doesn't have to hurt it can be funny too......:D:D:D

:-)

Whisper-M- - 1-21-2004 at 04:04 PM

I just wanted to say that I could not be more impressed with the mod. Sure it may a glitch or two but thats gaming,lol. I am having a blast with the editor and have been working nonstop on a map for the mod. I hope you all check it out, even though most of ya will be glued to the moniters playing Team Sabre/ I will to, you can count on that. But I will not stop playing this mod or making maps for it. I hope the guys from Terranova dont lose intrest in it and update it as needed. I would hate to stop mapping for it, still got tons of idea's,lol. So I guess after all this rambling I just wanted to say thanks. The mod made the game for me.

KAH Pimp - 1-27-2004 at 06:32 AM

This seems like the place for all of this so here goes

First--Excellent MOD .. i grabbed it this morning... hey didn't know .. see what i miss when i'm away .. lol

Second--This question is goin around the squad and has a few of the others rather nervous.. personally i dun give a rat's .. but here it is .. The issue a few guys are having is that "Third Party Banning" rule nova has .. does anyone know or have the heard what nova's feelings are to this mod .. i've been all over the official site/forums and has of yet to read anything on it. Some of the other guys are worried about having their acct banned because of this mod

new mod

TGC-Lady Gunner - 2-1-2004 at 05:38 AM

my brother said that there was a jungle mod and i was wondering if he was liein/:D

Eagle_Eye - 2-1-2004 at 01:28 PM

WE have a heap of new terrains, you could easily do a jungle map, we also included new jungle camo for the players...so...he's not lying.

Regards

Delta_Seeker - 2-3-2004 at 04:28 AM

were do you get the mod at ,or is even it out yet??

Eagle_Eye - 2-3-2004 at 10:25 AM

It's been out for over 2 weeks...

http://www.terranova-exp.com/

Regards

Delta_Seeker - 2-4-2004 at 03:48 AM

ty

Couq - 2-6-2004 at 08:07 AM

Eagle when u say over 2 weeks, I would like to remind you that some (quite many) people still in TFD even haven't heard about the EXP for TFD, so would not say that 2 weeks is a lot, lol.

Eagle_Eye - 2-6-2004 at 11:49 AM

LOL, true...some people must not be as greater fans as us....all the Exp packs are a "Must"

Samurai X - 2-7-2004 at 02:14 PM

A.BULLET you are truly a GOD in programming. the EXp is great, but just wondering, are u gonna make an update compatible with TS?(i mean guns and skins) tks

Eagle_Eye - 2-7-2004 at 02:48 PM

Yes, it's on it's way...timing not known as yet, but it won't be as long as last time.

dial up dillema

AAFRANGER82ND - 12-3-2004 at 01:59 PM

hi all, i was wondering if there was another place i could download the mod , with use of a download manager being that im on dial up it would take forever to download

JohnnyR - 12-3-2004 at 09:28 PM

I have just tried the T/N EXP Download from here with Flashget and it works OK.

Go to the Dowload section here, for the file and right click on the Download button, select Copy Shortcut and then paste that into your Download Manager.

My right click menu, also has an option to Download using Flashget, which auto adds the download and you just OK it. :D

7>Snake - 12-3-2004 at 09:30 PM

If it was located at another download site you would still be on dial-up wouldn't you?

In any event - the file is as small as it can get.

I'm also on dial-up and yes - it takes a while.

If you are able, try the following:

1. Start Friday afternoon and it should be done my Sunday night. That way the telephone is only tied up over the weekend. If anyone calls they can always call back (you can still complete other on-line tasks while the download is going on),

2. Try a public institution like a library that has high speed,

3. Try a school, college or university if one is located nearby,

4. Try at a business location with whom you are on friendly speaking terms, or

5. Try a firend who has high speed.

joselz - 12-4-2004 at 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 7>Snake
2. Try a public institution like a library that has high speed,

3. Try a school, college or university if one is located nearby,

I know using public library or college High speed internet is good, -B U T- there is a big problem doing this.
If you dowload it, and save into the hard drive of the library or college, HOW WOULD YOU TRANSFER IT INTO YOUR COMPUTER..?
Publics computer doesn't have CD burner(and EXP dosen't fit on a FLOPPY).. so that's a big down.

Quote:
Originally posted by 7>Snake
5. Try a friend who has high speed.

This is more better, because time ago when i download the T.N.-EXP, i download it from my uncle house, who have a DSL 1.5MB with a CD burner, so I download it from there and burned into a CD...:)

How to let it work?

superjojo33 - 2-17-2005 at 04:57 AM

Hi
If I make a map with terra Nova EXP! and I want to use it in single player and I play it, I cant see the EXP stuff like buildings, people and other stuff.
please help me.
mail me at sander

Eagle_Eye - 2-17-2005 at 10:15 AM

Are you using the right shortcut?

Do you see the Terranova start screen, or the normal BHD or TS screen..?

Timber3050 - 2-17-2005 at 10:38 AM

incase you don't already know, They are selling USB memory chips. I've got 1 that can hold 32MB, 256MB, and a 2 GB. they're small and fit in your pocket, and as long as the computer has a USB port (most have many) you'll be able to download anywhere.

superjojo33 - 2-17-2005 at 08:15 PM

Yes I use the terranova shortcut but it still doesn't work.
(sorry for my english Im dutch)

superjojo33 - 2-17-2005 at 09:32 PM

No prob. anymore
Terranove EXP works and I love it

drivable vehicles for BHD?

tooltime - 10-18-2006 at 04:35 AM

will there be any drivable vehicles in this mod?

Assassin Xaero - 10-18-2006 at 07:23 AM

First off... you asked the same question about 5 times. Once is good enough.
Second, the mod was released years ago, and its dead now... no driveable vehicles in it, only veh17bhd and veh17ts, but now they are dead too...

it should never die..

Whisper-M- - 11-16-2006 at 04:46 AM

EXP is great it is too bad that it is not played anymore. Does not matter to me I still map for it and play it often.

it should never die..

Linopor - 2-6-2007 at 01:15 AM

I can't agreed more...I'm playing some of your maps..You are good...Keep going...Thanks.

Mac Boland - 2-22-2007 at 10:47 AM

I agree Whisper is one of the best. Like you I wish this Mod took off cause its great.